An international manufacturing company supplying components to the Aerospace Industry are looking to recruit a Senior Estimator to join their team. The Senior Estimator will oversee the preparation and compilation of estimates for new business in response to customer requests. The ideal candidate will have experience of estimating gained within a manufacturing environment. Hybrid/Remote working is an option for this position.
What's on offer?
- Monday to Thursday 8:00am 5pm and 7:30am - 12:30pm on Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid or Remote working is an option for this position
What does the role involve?
- Provide an estimating service to the customer providing robust and competitive proposals.
- Oversee the preparation and compilation of estimates for new business in response to requests for proposals.
- Evaluate and analyse customer datasets, specifications, and supply documentation
- Ascertain the need for raw material and subcontract requirements.
- Present bids to customers and potential customers, explain costing principles and sell the organisation's capability and competitiveness.
- Handover of successful new work packages to the Engineering team explaining bid assumptions and proposed manufacturing strategy.
What experience is required?
- Must have previous estimating experience gained within a manufacturing/engineering company
- Aerospace experience would be an advantage
- Able to extract the relevant processes and materials for quotation from drawings and BoM's
- Must have experience of constructing structured quotations.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes is essential.
- Must have good attention to detail and be accurate in costing.
Candidates who require sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Call Julia @ prime appointments if you would like to discuss this role further.