A client of ours in the Chelmsford area are recruiting an Import Coordinator to join their team. This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm and paying between £28,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Working within the Asia department, your key duties in this Import Coordinator role will include but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the import process, including import customs entries.
- Obtain and communicate all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information.
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments.
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Taking control of the delivery arrangement process, including working with overseas agents to arrange new bookings.
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Skills and Experience required to be considered for this role:
- Strong knowledge and literacy with Microsoft Excel.
- High attention to detail.
- Ocean import experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Logistics distribution and supply chain experience essential.
Some great benefits to working for this company include:
- Hybrid working (after induction)
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 with service.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health cash plan
- Discounted health membership
- Life assurance
If you feel like you meet the above criteria & would like to be considered for this Import Coordinator position, please apply with your CV and contact Katie at Prime Appointments for a confidential chat.